Saturday, August 21, 2010

Late summer at South Farm

Sunrise over misty fields

Lorry spotted someone watching us

Beautiful early morning at South Farm

The night herons were still up too

Still too much water for shorebirds


Though we did see a few wading birds


Darn, we left our machetes at home!


Our Louisiana Heron (aka, Tri-colored Heron)


Water Hyacinth




Late summer is the time for Golden Silk spiders




Bill and Lorry were treated to a whole family of Purple Gallinules -- this is mom


Button Bush






1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hi Jane! It's Teresa from DHH. I was being nosy on fb and found your site. Just wanted to drop in and say that your photography on this site is incredible! I just got a DSLR (my first "real camera") and am still learning how to take good shots. I've also tried to take pics of birds, but never with much (or any) success. I'm either too far away or I scare them away. =( Hopefully, I'll get better with practice. Anyway...it's always interesting to see what other talents your coworkers have!