Sunday, February 19, 2006

Great Backyard Bird Count 2006

The Great Backyard Bird Count is an annual four-day event that engages bird watchers of all levels in counting birds and reporting their results to create a mid-winter snapshot of the numbers, kinds, and distribution of birds across the continent. Participants count birds for as little or as long as they wish during the four-day period and tally the highest number of birds of each species that they see at any one time. At the Great Backyard Bird Count web site, they fill out an online checklist to submit their counts. The website is: http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc

I contributed the list from yesterday as well as what I've seen in the yard yesterday and today. I'll also let them know about this wonderful Selasphorus Rufus that I was lucky enough to photograph in neighbor Carol Thomas's yard today. Isn't he a beauty? But then I'm partial to redheads :-)

Click here to see the Rusty Rufous

No comments: